Monday, March 28, 2011

3 Days Budget Solo DIY Trip in Rainy Thailand

The Beginning of my Travel Addictiveness, my 1st solo international backpacking June 4-8, 2010 friday to tuesday

The country is a kingdom, with most recorded reigns in the world; a constitutional monarchy with King Rama IX, the ninth king of the House of Chakri, who has reigned since 1946, making him the world's longest-serving current head of state and the longest-reigning monarch in Thai history. The king is officially titled Head of State, the Head of the Armed Forces, an Upholder of the Buddhist religion, and the Defender of all Faiths.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thailand

INTERESTING FACTS ABOUT KINGDOM OF THAILAND
timezone - UTC +0700H   capital - Bangkok    language - Thai    currency - Baht (THB)
1. Thailand is the world's largest exporter of rice.
2. Thailand is a constitutional monarchy, much like England.
3. Around ninety per cent of Thai people are Buddhist.
4. The world "Thailand" means Land of the Free.
5. Thailand was actually known as Siam until 1939 (and again from 1945 to 1949).

php14,000 converter into usd300 as my budget pocket money on my 3-days 1st-time thailand journey

DFA office for passport issuance is formerly located infront of cuneta astrodome in pasay city. March 2010, upon arriving there to renew my passport I was totally surprised that the office has moved to macapagal avenue for passport issuance plus via internet application for appointment, walk-in applicants no more. I immediately went to that new office on the same day and trying to force an appointment slot because as fas as I know the issuance quieing would spend much time and my flight is on 1st week of june. one employee there suggested that i can call DFA hotline 8344424 / 7371000 and ask for a slot by chance. major advantage of being alone is i can be easily inserted on earliest schedule. there it was, i claimed my renewed passport 1 week before my flight. lesson learned, be sure to renew your passport 6 months prior to expiry date.

php500 converted into thb for my safe pocket money transpo. airport money exchanger is much lower compare to the central city

I exchanged my local money php14,000 to usd in baclaran area to usd320. this budget is based on my extreme queries and researches made in online forums and web. That time, there was there red shirts protesters against their prime minister so negative news is worldwide known. as in there was a time dfa release an advisory that tourists are not allowed in bangkok city. i am just so fortunate again that there was peace negotiations 1 week prior to my flight.

No tripod that time and equipped with only cheap, very jurassic, unbranded and low-tech digicam.

Records set for this event: this will be my 1st time ...
1. to go abroad alone as a tourist
2. to go on a trip for 3 days outside
3. to travel via cebu pacific airline
4. to visit naia terminal 3

burnt central one mall by the red shirt protesters, near victory monument

democracy monument

khao san road in the morning

bangkok city solo stroll

bangkok mrt station

thailand grand palace

inside wat po

kanchanaburi cave trailing

wat mongkol

Anyways, i divided this wonderful journey into different set of posts to be more specific on its content;



4 comments:

  1. This will help for sure.. If you have time and if you're familiar, advice naman:
    - Hua Lampong Train Stn., is it easy to get ticket there? as in same day sakay ka na? I plan to go directly to Ayutthaya kasi upon arrival. Para early morning roam na ko and mag bike. You think easy lang to secure a train ticket tapos mga 5pm ako dating sa BKK airport.
    - Easy lang ba maglibot ng Ayutthaya? di scary?

    I really thank you for sharing these information. I commend u for your detailed entries.

    This will help and inspire us newbies.

    Ciao and God bless!

    -Vindicatedme80

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,

    I appreciate your immediate response. Thanks din sa mga tips, I'll keep that.If you check PEX-Bangkok thread, I also messaged you there.

    Nice to know you're always on-line. Somehow same ang IT ntin but I wouldn't go to Kanchanaburi. Bilib ako sa yo natagalan mo ang ganun katagal na trip. Achievement! hehehheh..

    I might ask further questions in the coming days. Excited na rin ako coz in a week adventure na :)

    One thing I observed.. Marami ka budget :P
    Btw, maganda rin ang (site) background
    Enjoy sir and keep safe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,

    Yep. Excited na for Thursday. The recent news reminds me to take an extra care.
    With your blog, I find it informative and syempre you continue to improve everything. Ganun naman talaga. Ako naman tinamad na sa blog ko ;P

    Bilib naman ako sa ability mo to secure seat sale with that price. Tambay ka yata sa Internet, hhehehhe..

    Yup, looking forward to be with you in future trips!

    roswell08@msn.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Truly Awesome post ! It is really very interesting and informative. Thanks for posting this.
    International tour

    ReplyDelete

Please support this blog by clicking those ads. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...